Heavy on fashion talks to Alexis Dawn Geller of Roxhouse


Hello all my fashion divas and gurus! I am so happy to bring you all a great jewelry designer from Florida, Alexis Dawn Geller. Alexis Dawn Geller is the founder/lead designer for ROXHOUSE, a creative and unique jewelry line which uses precious stones with symbolic meaning. 

So without further ado, Here is Heavy on fashion talks to Alexis Dawn Geller of Roxhouse !




photos courtesy of  Alexis Dawn Geller of Roxhouse


Where are you from? 

I was born and raised in Ft Lauderdale until I moved to South Beach 4 years ago.

What led you to start your own business/brand Roxhouse?
When did you realize you wanted be a jewelry designer?

Roxhouse began way before I even decided to turn it into a business. For many years now, I would brand, see a color, a stone or a specific chain and my mind would fill in the blanks around it, creating a unique vision of the perfect piece of jewelry. It began to happen so often, I soon had a very large amount of inventory filling up my house. Shortly later friend after friend would request a custom made piece for themselves or for a gift.  I was so honored with these requests that I put a great deal of energy into designing something people would be proud to wear. I then realized if I could turn this passion of mine into a business, I would be honored, proud, and fulfilling other’s requests on the daily.



How did Roxhouse come to be? How did you come up with the name Roxhouse?

I put much thought into the name ROXHOUSE. I wanted to find a name that would encompass the main theme of my line which is stones, hence ROX (rocks). ROXHOUSE sounds like a powerhouse and feels like an energy source when I say it aloud. To me it is not only a name and a noun, but also an adjective.

Describe the Roxhouse client. What celebrity or icon do you see modeling the Roxhouse style?

The ROXHOUSE client is literally anyone that has la little but of spunk, swag or someone that is looking for something that will ever so slightly set them apart from others. The measure of funk varies from piece to piece. It is for someone looking for that statement necklace that will tell a little bit about who they are without saying a word. It is fitting for the most feminine female and the edgier chick.  It is for the t-shirt wearing guy that never really felt comfortable rocking jewelry as well as the guy looking to add to his arm party of 3 other bracelets.

I know Rihanna would love ROXHOUSE. Lenny Kravitz would be ideal as well. Honestly, any individual, celebrity or not, that is looking to push style boundaries just a drop, would be perfect.


photos courtesy of  Alexis Dawn Geller of Roxhouse



Where do you see Roxhouse in the next 5 years?

I see ROXHOUSE being a word most people are familiar with. I see it being sold in higher end retail stores and I see it being the ‘go-to’ accessory for any occasion. I would love to do more collaborations with clothing designers and/or celebs looking to explore their fashion outlet.

Where can my fashion divas and gurus check and buy Roxhouse?

ROXHOUSE.com is the easiest way to purchase a piece. SOFi Salon also carries a wide range of items as well as Blush Boutique.


What advice would you give a budding jewelry designer?

I would tell a budding jewelry designer to find inspiration and ideas in everything. I would suggest sitting down with tools and materials and just seeing what happens. There have plenty of days where I have tried to create a specific design but then my vision starts to change and something even cooler, more unique and more fitting then I ever imagined is developed.


photos courtesy of  Alexis Dawn Geller of Roxhouse



Finally, what does fashion mean to you?

To me, Fashion simply means expression. It can be a slight expression or extreme. It can be clear and deliberate or soft and delicate. It is a form of expression that is understood among all languages and cultures. It is one’s shield between a person and the world while simultaneously being inviting and introducing exactly who we are. It should be embraced, accepted, and encouraged.


Find your fashion.


You can check out Roxhouse at 
and also on


Until Next Time
Live,Style,Write
Malanb

Comments