Heavy on Fashion is going to Blog U!



Hello all my fashion divas and gurus! I am super excited because I am going to Blog U. 
I've been to several conference, mostly focusing on fashion and beauty . I've never attended a  3 day conference that focuses on expanding your blog into a career, writing, and all about blogging in general. This conference, I get to talk to a more diverse group of blogger.  I am super excited and to be honest scared. 




Yeah, I am super scared and super excited. A pile of emotions that are just plain weird and cool at the same time. This feeling is kind of like the first day of school...I don't remember if that was a good experience for me or not but going to find out June 5-7!


So, Why am I scared? 

  1. I am not really good with large groups of people. I am very much a introvert and prefer small more intimate settings. Plus I have anxiety issues. I hope this conference will help me with that. 
  2. What if they don't like me?! My personality is very friendly but it takes me a while to warm up to people. So yeah...I maybe a bit awkward on day one. Example:  I may look at you with a bitch face but inside I am probably screaming "Be my friend!" 
  3. I have seen some of the bloggers attending this conference and I am a bit intimated. So many accomplishments, I am a bit envious and scared. What do I have to bring to the table? Maybe Nutella or maybe, a nice wig, a funky pair shoes..I don't know?
  4. Holy crap this is my first 3-day conference. My first stay away from home conference. Most of the conferences that I attend are in NYC and only last for a few hours. If I don't like a conference in the city, I take that good ole NJ transit back home and watch some TV.  I can't run from this conference. 
  5. I don't even know what I should bring...Help! 
  6. I have to pick out classes...no offense to higher education but my first, second, and third bout in college didn't go so well...oh damn! (Shout out to Saint Peter's in Jersey City!)
  7. Damn it, I still do not have my #middleschoolawkward outfit. (Sad story) Most of my photos from middle school burnt up in a family house fire ,a few years ago, so I really don't remember what I wore in middle school. Plus I went to catholic school, so to be honest it wasn't a pleasent  middle school experience ( I will talk about that at another time on JustMalanb!) 


But I am also super excited..here is why?

  1. Holy crap! I am going to Blog U! This is a great opportunity to learn so much . I can't wait to bring my blog to the next level. My goal is to be a full time blogger and make a full time salary doing it. I hate my current job. My career goal is to expanding the Heavy on Fashion/JustMalanb/MMWOS brand  and make it into a profitable, fun, and eye opening experience. 
  2. I am going to meet so many people. Networking is key in this business but long friendships are even better. I am really looking forward to meet kindred spirits in writing and hopefully other areas in life as well. 
  3. I'm excited about the classes. Though I have been blogging for a while now, I have so much to learn especially about SEO.(Sidenote, I still do not know what SEO means..smh)  I am open to all the Blog U knowledge that I am about to receive. Amen!
  4. I get to buy new clothes! You can not go wrong with a new wardrobe and maybe a wig or two! You got to love shopping :)
  5. I get to bring all of you along on my Blog U journey! I will be taking tons of photos, videos, and commentary of my time at Blog U and sprending the goodness on my social media pages.  I hope I have wifi there or at least good reception (Metro PCS I hope you are reading this!)
  6. I may meet some sponsors! I mean I am going into this conference with a open mind and a open heart to new opportunities. I have a feeling that Blog U maybe a start to something great.
  7. I am really looking for a few mentors in this field and I hope that Blog U is a place for me to find them. No matter how old I may be I need guidance and a glass of Vodka!
So I am going to Blog U! Can you believe it! 

Until Next time 
Live,Style,Write
Malanb

Comments