Heavy on Fashion XXOO Shopping Guide - August/Summer 2014 Edition*

Hello all my fashion divas and gurus! It is that time to bring out the sunglasses, rub on the sunblock, and hit the sand! Heavy on Fashion XXOO Shopping Guide - August/Summer edition 2014 is finally here to bring you the best items to make your summer more fabulous than it is right now!






The Floral Halos are huge this year. If you flip through any fashion magazine, you will see a floral halo on the crowns of several fashion divas and gurus! So you know that I had to add Floral Halos from Mia Beauty.  It is adorable, affordable, and comfortable. I mean you can not go wrong with the those fabulous qualities of a halo! Mia beauty's Floral Halo retails between $12-$15! You can pick up your very own Flower Halo at http://www.miabeauty.com/headbands-flower-halos.html!









The sun is out so you know what that means, put on your sunscreen! Sunscreen is essential for healthy skin all year around especially during the summertime. Emergin C is a super light, tinted and full of vitamins, antioxidants, herbal extracts that hydrates the skin.  I personally love that Emergin C does not leave a film on my skin like some other sunscreens on the market. Though the price tag is a bit steep $39, I will recommend it because it is really blended well with my complexion and it is made in the U.S.A. I also liked that this sunscreen was not a overly greasy like many sunscreen on the market today.






I never heard of Agraria's Bitter Orange Bath Salts until the lovelies at Agraria contacted me. I fell in some serious beauty product love with Agraria's Bitter Orange Bath Salts. The smell is intoxicating and the package is so elegant. If you are looking to have a spa experience at your home after a long hot summer day, than Agraria's Bitter Orange Bath Salts is a must. I recommend this product not just for the summer but all year round. Side note: Bath salts have tons of benefits especially in the summertime including relieving stress, soothe your muscles after a tough summer workout session, and soften your sun kissed skin. If you are looking to have a spa experience at your home after a long hot summer day, than Agraria's Bitter Orange Bath Salts is a must. I recommend this product not just for the summer but all year round. Agraria Bath salts retail for $45, a great treat for you!

Pick up Agraria Bitter Orange Bath Salts at






I have heard wonders about Yu-Be products, so when the gurus at Yu-Be sent over their Forming skin polish, I was thrilled! Yu-Be has been in the beauty game for over 55 years in Japan. Yu-Be skin polish is full of great natural elements including ginger root, ginseng, walnut shell powder, bamboo, green tea, geranium oil, and rice bran. I love the Yu-Be Forming polish is free of Paraben, Sulfates, Synthetic Fragrances, Synthetic Dyes, Petro-Chemicals, and Phthalates. 

I am a huge fan of exfoliating washes but it is hard to find one that does not dry out my skin or too harsh on my skin. Thank goodness for Yu-Be! My skin is softer, healthier, and looks fab in the summertime. I love love love this product. I suggest you add Yu-Be Forming Polish to you beauty regiment. I use Yu- Be about twice a week to keep that those dead skin cells away. I also like the price tag too, only $18! 

 Pick up Yu-Be Forming Skin Polish at 



A photo posted by Malanb (@heavyonfashion) on



If you are a makeup diva or guru, you are very familiar with a primer spray. If not, well here is some makeup info for you. A makeup primer is the best way to keep your makeup looking the best at all times. If you have to put primer your walls when painting them a new color, please believe that you have to put primer on your face when you are about to paint that face! Makeup Primer helps to provide a smooth surface for your foundation to apply on. It also keeps your makeup set. I am a huge fan of Skindinavia primer because it is Paraben free, silicone free and oil free, which is ideal for any good makeup primer. When I used Skindinavia on my face, I notice that my makeup went on easier. The price is $35 for a 4oz bottle, which is steep but please remember the classic saying "You get what you pay for". 
Skindinavia Makeup Primer Spray is worth the cost 

Buy your very own Primer Spray at 








The famous Broadway legend once said "You're never fully dressed without a smile." So I would suggest having you smile in the finest teeth whiting apparel. If you want those pearly whites to be just that, check out Dial-A-Smile Teeth Whiting System. The kit is easy to use and yields some fabulous results. This is a great way to whitening without a trip to the dentist. I would recommend using this kit when you have some time on your hand. This is not a wham- bam - thank you ma'am type of teeth whitening kit. It takes about 20 minutes, so be patient. I used this kit when watching my favorite TV shows and trust me, time will fly when watching OWN TV and whitening your teeth. Dial-A-Smile Teeth Whiting System retails for $99! 

Pick up your Whitening lightening Kit today at 








If you are a lover of makeup, I am sure you know about Smashbox cosmetics.  Well I had the pleasure of checking out Smashbox Be Legendary Lip gloss in Sparkling Brown Sugar Cane. The Sparkling Brown Sugar Cane is great for casual wear or as a gloss over a lipstick. I like to use it with my crimson red lipstick because it adds a nice sparkle while sobering the pigment of the red lipstick. I also like that it is not sticky, which is  huge problem with many lip glosses on the market today.  The size of Be Legendary Lip gloss is ideal because it can fit in any purse, clutch, or pocket. Be Legendary Lip gloss in Sparkling Brown Sugar retails for $20.

Pick up Be Legendary Lip gloss in Sparkling Brown Sugar at http://www.smashbox.com/






Though I am in lust with hobo bags, a clutch is ideal for the summer time. Why not pick up Stella & Max - All I Need Clutch.  I was first introduce to this bag at the Accessories Council Mother's Day event. Though this bag is grand for mom, I find it best for the summer! The gold hardware is on trend. the interior pockets are labeled (a must for me!), and the price is on point - $48! I also like that Stella & Max - All I Need Clutch comes in 3 colors - Red (shown above), Black, and Cognac. This is a great bag to have either partying on the rooftop club in NYC or attending a BBQ in your backyard. 


Pick up Stella & Max - All I Need Clutch at http://www.stellaandmax.com/







Finally, you know I had to feature some serious sunglasses to my summer shopping guide! Under Armour has these fabulous Alloy Sunglasses. They are extremely light and ideal for everyone! Seriously you can't go wrong with a pair of aviator shades especially made with the under armour touch. These shades are super durable, the lenses block 100% of UVA, UVB & UVC rays, and the lens coating guards against scratches & smudges. Oh and glasses come with 1 hard case and 1 soft case. I mean what more can you ask for. Under Armour Alloy Sunglasses retail for $149.99

Pick up a pair at http://www.underarmour.com/


Comments