Heavy on Fashion talks to Ronit Genik creator of Reverie Collection

Hello all my fashion divas and gurus! I am happy to talk to the designer of the Reverie Collection, Ronit Genik. Ronit is originally from Israel, grew up in Brooklyn, New York. With a degree from Parsons School of Design, Ms. Genik developed a her own fashion line.

This is a look at the Spring/Summer'14 Collection is inspired by Light - through fabrications, prints and unique techniques. Sheer silks create beautiful overlays and play on light through colors and silhouettes. Prints are inspired by nature made and man made- dreamy clouds, electric lightening and enigmatic bulbs. Exclusive printed clutches in Silk twill and Leather are added this season. 

I love love love this collection and I am so happy to talk to the creator of Reverie Collection - Ronit Genik



When did you realize you wanted to become a fashion designer?

I realized at a young age that I loved fashion- I was always sewing, creating accessories and sketching, coming up with new designs. 
My mother also loved vintage and designer clothing, so I grew up looking through Vogue and other fashion magazines and borrowing her clothes.

What's your favorite part about conceptualizing a design?

My favorite part about conceptualizing a design is telling a story- creating and researching the concept behind each design. I design my own prints, so that is a big part of my process and inspiration behind each collection. My inspirations are always very fluid and come from many places, from street fashion, to art and sculpture. Sometimes ideas come from the most unexpected places!




What is your favorite part about being a fashion designer?

My favorite part about being a fashion designer is the process of creating my vision and concept for each season, but I also love to see people wearing the clothes and feeling special and unique in them.

How would you define the style your line exemplifies?

I would define the style Reverie exemplifies as feminine, making a bold statement, keeping it edgy, but with a sense of fun. 



What are your favorite colors to work with and why?

I don't have a favorite color scheme as it changes with the season and concept, but I love rich, bright colors juxtaposed against black and neutral colors.
I love unexpected color statements, so I try to mix it up and keep it interesting.
Colors are a great way to express yourself and can really affect your mood and attitude that day, so I really think about that when designing.

What three word would describe Reverie S/S 2014 Collection?

Three words that describe the S/S14 Collection are whimsical, bold statement, edgy



Describe the Reverie woman.

The Reverie woman is a confident, unique woman to embodies youthful edge and personal style.

If you had the chance to dress *anyone* who would it be?

If I had the chance to dress "anyone", I would love to dress Natalie Portman. She is a very confident, talented woman that takes risks in her career and on the red carpet.



What do you hope to have achieved in the industry, 10 years from now? 

 I hope to keep growing as a brand, developing into more areas like accessories, shoes and jewelry. 
I would love to create a lifestyle brand that incorporates all aspects of a woman's wardrobe.         


Finally What does fashion mean to you?

Fashion means being confident, empowered and having a strong sense of individuality and style. 

It is also important to have fun with fashion, try something new and put something on that makes you feel good about yourself.

I would like to thanks Ronit Genik for the interview
Check out The Reverie Collection at  http://www.reverieny.com/

Until Next Time
Live,Style,Write
Malanb

Comments

Popular Posts