Heavy on Fashion Talks to Maisha Bahati

Hello all my fashion divas and gurus! I am very happy to introduce a great new fashion designer Maisha Bahati.  I fell in love with the Maisha Bahati collection . This line is full of bold colors, wearable styles, and wonderful prints. Maisha Bahati is a great addition to any fashionistas' summer wardrobe. Here is Heavy on Fashion Talks to Designer Maisha Bahati






Founded in 2008, Maisha Bahati is a contemporary and timeless women’s clothing line retailing in high-end boutiques and purchased through custom, made to order deliveries direct from the designer. The line embodies simplistic silhouette designs using solid and monochromatic colors and bold prints, integrating an elegant feel with a nod to vintage chic.


The designer and owner, Maisha Bahati, is a Sacramento, CA-based designer focusing on styles for women of many ages and lifestyles. The line includes dresses and jumpsuits made of silks and high-quality jersey knits, which are cut and draped to flatter a variety of body shapes and sizes.


Maisha Bahati is growing fast in the fashion industry, with inquires for around the US and Internationally. This year will be an amazing year for Maisha Bahati, with the launch of MaishaBahati.com, her new resort collection is available online for purchase as well as in boutiques in Sacramento, New York, Houston and San Francisco.







Heavy on Fashion: How did you get started? What was the first article of clothing you ever designed?

MB:I got started in fashion about 8 years ago, my first article of clothing I made was a backless dress for a friend's 21st birthday.


Heavy on Fashion: How long have you worked as a designer?

MB:I have been working as a designer for about 5 years now.


Heavy on Fashion: What are some of your proudest accomplishments as a designer?

MB:My proudest accomplishment has been to have my clothing in various local boutiques. I love to see my pieces on the racks!



Heavy on Fashion: What matters to you most as a fashion designer?

MB:What matters most to me as a designer is that women love and feel fabulous wearing my pieces. 


Heavy on Fashion: Do you try to keep with the trends or create your own?

MB:I've never been one to follow trends; I will pay attention to what's hot for the seasons, but overall I create pieces that I love that are timeless.


Heavy on Fashion:What are your favorite fabrics to work with and why?

MB:I mainly work with stretch knits because I love the drape, the fabric is comfortable and you can dress the fabric up or down with fun accessories. 




Heavy on Fashion: Let talk about the Maisha Bahati Collection. Who is the ideal Maisha Bahati woman?

MB: The Maisha Bahati woman, is every woman! She is the woman that wants to feel fabulous; she likes to stand out and be daring; she like to have fun; she likes attention and she wants to feel sexy while being classy at the same time.


Heavy on Fashion: If you can have any public figure to be the Maisha Bahati spokesperson who would it be?

MB:The spokes person for Maisha Bahati would be a cross between Solange Knowles,  Tracee Ellis Ross (Diana Ross' daughter) and Gwen Stefani.


Heavy on Fashion: What do you enjoy to do when you are not designing and developing the Maisha Bahati collection?

MB:When I'm not sewing, I enjoy attending my daughter's softball games. She is an amazing athlete and I love watching her grow!



Heavy on Fashion: Finally what does fashion mean to you? 

MB:What fashion means to me? Fashion is a sense of expression and feelings. It tells a story about you and how you feel without you having to say one word.


I would like to thank Maisha Bahati for the interview. 
You can check out Maisha Bahati on
Instagram: MaishaBahati
Twitter: @maishabahati

Comments