Heavy on Fashion talks to Chouchou

Hello all my fashion divas and gurus! I am happy to introduce a great new designer, Silva Pellegrino. Growing up in Rome, she honed her fashion skills between her hometown, Amsterdam, London, and LA, before relocating to Scotland in 2010. Her label Chouchou captures an inspired take on contemporary Scottish style. With a array of beautiful luxury fabrics: heritage woolen tartans, fine Italian jacquard and silks, Chouchou is hit, just ask British Vogue and Glamour! Chouchou designs fuse Scottish tradition with a sleek Italian style, capturing hearts and imaginations worldwide. With a unique unisex collections and a impressive women wears collection, Chouchou is a must for all divas and gurus. 

Heavy on Fashion talks to Chouchou





Heavy on Fahion: What does fashion mean to you? How has fashion change your life?

Silva Pellegrino: I studied and graduated in Modern Languages before starting on my fashion career. I guess fashion is a fantastic way for me to feel free and let the creative juices flow. I wouldn't really be able to divide my life from my job as a designer and I am so happy to have the freedom to be creative on a daily basis.



Heavy on Fashion: What are some of your accomplishments as a designer?

Silva Pellegrino: I think being able to showcase my work in New York last month as part of the infamous Tartan Week has been been pretty magical, probably the most cardinal moment in Chouchou's life since last year when we received our first ever phone call we got from British Vogue.







Heavy on Fahion:What are some of your fashion goals?

Silva Pellegrino: Showing at the international fashion weeks would be a dream come true. London, and of course being Italian, Milan Fashion Week would be a wonderful experience. We also aim to have stores in the US, Italy and across the UK.

Heavy on Fashion:Where do you get your inspiration?

Silva Pellegrino: Inspiration is more a state of mind for me. I guess being open to new things and experiences...from traveling, meeting interesting and passionate people, or even going to the theatre. Anything could be inspirational and I take pictures of everything that I find interesting. I am a huge Instagram addict!

Heavy on Fashion:What are some of your favorite fashion websites, magazines, or books?

Silva Pellegrino: I love the blog 'Kingdom of Style', 'We are Handsome's website, and Pop magazine. In terms of fashion books, I remember buying 'Fashion Now' and telling people it was the "fashion bible'.



Heavy on Fashion: Who are some of your favorite designers?

Silva Pellegrino: There are many! Miuccia Prada, Vivienne Westwood, Christopher Kane, Sonia Rykiel. The list goes on and on...


Heavy on Fashion:How would you define your personal style?

Silva Pellegrino: I like this question a lot! I guess it's unique, feminine, casual chic with a touch of tomboy.





Heavy on Fashion:How would you define the style your line exemplifies?

Silva Pellegrino: Similar to my own. Chouchou's designs are about confident self-expression. Right now we are really focusing on luxury designs that are still distinctive and original, playing with new shapes and fabrics and each piece is handmade in Scotland, of course!



Heavy on Fashion:Where can readers find out more about you and your work?

Silva Pellegrino: Definitely on our website and through social media including Facebook and Instagram. All links are available on www.chouchoucouture.com and we LOVE it when our fans get involved!



I would like to thank Silvia of Chouchou for the interview! 

Check out more from Chouchou on:
Twitter:https://twitter.com/chouchoucouture
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hollyhoodbychouchou
Asos:https://marketplace.asos.com/boutique/chouchou-couture

Until Next Time
Live,Style,Write
Malanb

all photos courtesy of Photography Daniela Flores Photography

Comments